Adults & Teen
Public computers, located in the Children's Department, are for users through the 5th grade. Sixth graders through adults will find Internet access in the Adult Services Department. An iMac loaded with professional creative software is also available to teens and adults in the Creative Studio. Parental permission is required for students younger than 18 years old. Users register at the appropriate desk.
If you live in incorporated Addison, you must have an Addison Public Library card.
If you do not have an Addison Public Library card, contact the Children's Department, 630-458-3338, or the Adult Services Department, 630-458-3318, for requirements and restrictions.
All Internet users must abide by the Internet Rules.
Addison Public Library card holders may use the computers for a minimum of 2 hours per day. Others may use the computers once a day for 1 hour.
Walkup Internet Stations:
- Usage for 15 minutes
- Limited to adults 18 years of age and older
- Available throughout the building
- Available at the Adult Services and Children’s Services Desks for Addison Public Library card holders.
- Adults 18 and over must present a current Addison Public Library card and a valid photo ID.
- Available for Internet and word processing
- Printing charges: 10¢ per page for black and white and 50¢ per page for color
Children (through 5th Grade)
- Internet / Word Processing: 9 computers
- Game / Word Processing: 3 computers
- Preschool Games: 2 computers
Teens & Adults (6th Grade and up)
- Internet / Word Processing: 38 computers
- Word Processing: 2 dedicated computers with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Teen Gaming Computers: 4 computers in the Teen area