Full-time (37.5 hrs/wk)
Starting salary: $20.19 - $25.24/hr DOQ; $25.24/hr is the midpoint of the salary range and reserved for candidates who exceed the minimum qualifications and have significant, direct experience.
Does the word “metadata” get you excited? Do you enjoy the challenge of cataloging unfamiliar languages? If you answered “yes’ to both of those, then we have a wonderful opportunity for you! The Addison Public Library is seeking a friendly, detail-orientated, and customer-focused person to perform original and copy cataloging responsibilities for world language collections and audio-visual materials. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on special projects and participate on library-wide committees.
What you need to be successful:
- A positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize a busy workflow
- A love of the tiny details
- Passion for the future of Tech Services
What we offer:
- Flexible work hours
- Workroom with lots of natural light
- Continuing education opportunities
- Employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
Education: MLS with relevant coursework or with at least one year cataloging experience.
- Experience with III Millennium or Sierra.
- Experience cataloging audiovisual materials.
- Ability to read/write in Spanish and/or Polish.
Please review the complete job description to better understand the responsibilities and expectations.
Please submit your application (cover letter, resume and a list of three references) to Brooke Sievers (email@example.com). Applications received by the end of June 24th will be given priority.