Hours: 17 hours per week, including evening and weekend hours
Salary: $20.46 or higher, DOQ
The Addison Public Library currently has an opening for a part-time Children's Services Specialist, 17 hours/per week, including some evening and weekend hours. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable of children's literature and child development, will be skilled in reference interview techniques, and have the ability to work and communicate effectively with the public and fellow library staff members. The Children's Specialist report directly to the Children's Services Coordinator.
- MLS from an ALA-accredited institution preferred.
- Two years experience working with children required.
- Enrollment in an ALA-accredited library science graduate program may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Bilingual skills, especially Spanish or Polish, preferred.
- Access to transportation required.
- Provide patrons with assistance in accessing a broad range of informational and recreational resources and services.
- Provide reader's advisory services, reference assistance and bibliographic instruction.
- Develop and present library programs and training opportunities which fully support the mission of the library and meet the needs and interests of its juvenile patron
Please submit resume and cover letter to Louise Dimick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: Open until filled