The Addison Public Library appreciates your generous donations of books and non-print materials to the Library. However, because of space constraints in the collection and the fact that library materials must be in excellent condition to hold up under repeated circulation, very few items are accepted for addition to the Library collection. All items must also fit the criteria established in the Library’s Selection Policy to be considered. Materials not added to the Library collection will be disposed of at the discretion of the Library.
The Library will not accept donations of the following types of materials:
- Reader’s Digest Condensed Books
- Books that have highlighting or writing
- Mass market paperbacks (These can be put into the Paperback Exchange Collection.)
- More than 1 bag or 1 box of books at a time
- Boxed or bagged books that have been in the attic, basement, or garage for 2 years or more