Addison Public Library
4 Friendship Plaza
Addison, Illinois 60101-2499
Mon-Thu: 9 am - 9 pm
Fri: 9 am - 6 pm
Sat: 9 am - 5 pm
Sun: 1 pm - 5 pm
Join the Conversation!
Business & Investments
Research and Reference
The department is located on the second floor of the Addison Public Library.
Research and reference services are provided for adults and for students in sixth grade and above. Reference staff is available to answer questions in person, via phone, email, or fax.
The Affordable Care Act took effect October 1, 2013. It sets up the Health Insurance Marketplace which is a new way to find health coverage. Everyone will be required to have health insurance in 2014 or face penalties.
Open enrollment: October 1, 2013 – March 31, 2014
Research and reference services include:
- Wireless Internet access
- Online subscriptions to more than 30 databases
- Extensive collection of print reference materials
- Research links to useful web sites on a variety of topics
- Six study rooms for individual and group research
- Business Reference area, with direct access for Morningstar, Value Line, and Reference USA
- Public computers with Internet access and word processing software
- Index to Addison Press Newspaper articles
- Dedicated workstation for ESL users
- Special collections in Spanish, Polish, Italian, and Albanian languages
MasterFILE Premier NEW
Articles from magazines and newspapers on a wide variety of topics, with 1,700 full-text periodicals, 500 full-text reference books, and over 500,000 photos, maps, and flags.
Learn languages through native conversations: Mandarin Chinese, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish or English as a Second Language from Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, and Spanish.
ConsumerReports Buying Guide 2009
J.K. Lasser's Your Income Tax 2009
TheStreet.com Ratings' Guide to Health Insurers
The World Almanac and Book of Facts 2009