Career Online High School (COHS) offers adults the opportunity to complete their high school education and earn a diploma from home. The Addison Public Library has purchased a limited number of scholarships for adults who are looking to advance their careers, prepare for workforce entry, or continue their education at no cost.
How it works
- Transfer high school or GED credits you've already earned or start from scratch.
- Take classes online. You'll have access to the course materials 24/7.
- Earn a high school diploma, not a GED, in 18 months or less.
- Receive support from academic coaches and certified instructors to help you along the way.
Who is eligible?
- You must live in Addison, IL.
- You must be 21 years or older.
- You must commit to 10 hours per week to study and complete coursework.
How do I start?
- Complete the "Are You Ready?" survey.
- A Librarian will email you a link so you can take the prerequisite course. Once the prerequisite course is completed, you will be contacted for an in-person interview at the library.
Still have questions?
Be sure to check out the Career Online High School webpage to explore the program and determine if it's right for you.
Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions!
This opportunity is supported by the Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS), a multi-type library consortium serving over 1,300 libraries in northern and western Illinois. RAILS provides continuing education and consulting, e-book services, delivery, shared online catalogs talking book services and more.