Our immigration services are currently suspended. We are happy to refer you to a different organization that can assist you with your questions and forms!
What we do
The Addison Public Library is officially recognized by the Department of Justice to provide assistance applying for immigration benefits. Our accredited staff is available to assist you with following immigration forms:
- Citizenship application (N-400)
- Permanent Resident Card Renewal (I-90)
- DACA renewal (I-821D)
- Fee Waiver Request (I-912)
- Reduced Fee Request (I-912).
For assistance, see our Adult Services staff for an intake packet. After reviewing your application, an accredited staff member will contact you directly. If we are unable to take your case, we can refer you to other DOJ recognized agencies.
Our services are free of charge.
- DOJ Recognized Agencies – Find a Department of Justice recognized legal services provider.
- American Immigration Lawyer Association – Find an immigration lawyer on AILA’s online directory
- Learn about Naturalization – Find general information about eligibility requirements
- ACLU Know Your Rights – Learn about your rights as an immigrant and what to do in several situations.
- ICIRR Know Your Rights & Community Resources – Learn about your rights as an immigrant, download a printable KYR card, and find resources available for all immigrants during COVID-19.
- StopNotarioFraud – Learn about how to avoid Notario Fraud and how to find assistance if you have experienced it.
- American Translators Association – Find a professional translator using the ATA’s searchable directory.
Prepare for the Citizenship Test
The following online resources can help you prepare for the citizenship test and interview:
- Brainfuse – Offers study materials, a tutorial class, practice tests and live help from a tutor. A practice test is also available in Spanish, Chinese, and Vietnamese. Sign up with your Addison Public Library card.
- Learning Express Library – Offers citizenship practice test, flash cards and an eBook. Sign up with your Addison Public Library card.
- ProCitizen – Covers U.S. history and civics, including reading and writing modules and practice tests.
- USCIS Study Materials – Provides information about the citizenship test, including study materials for the English and Civics test.
- Smithsonian U.S. History and Civics – Prepare for the citizenship test with several easy-to-use interactive modules and videos.
Classes & Study Groups
- College of DuPage – Offers free citizenship class. For more information about when classes will restart, please contact COD directly at 630.942.3697 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- People's Resource Center – Offers one-on-one, small group and group classes to prepare for the citizenship test. Contact PRC for details at 630.682.5402.
Books & More
We have books, DVDs, flashcard, and study kits you can check out with your library card.
English Learning Materials
Visit our Learn English page for information on English classes and resources.